I did some work on the AR10 model, increasing the surface area in contact with the printbed, so it will adhere better to prevent warp.
Here it is with all the parts installed. The rear takedown pin fractured the case when i pushed it through. Those are really tight, and next time I’ll have to make the opening just a little bit bigger.
My AR10 magazine came today, and as i suspected, the warp on the front of the case made the magazine fit poorly. It fractured the case also upon insertion.
Here you can see the lower from the other side. It looks fairly complete. All i need is a buffer tube and complete upper and I’m good to go!
This is a good example of the increased surface area I added to the model. In the original lower, that flat area would have a rounded profile.
Here you can see the surface area I added to the front section. In V3 I added more surface area to the lower edge of the magazine well, and hopefully that will stop the warp which can just be seen in the lower edge of this picture.